Saturday, February 16, 2008

What's through the gate?


I took this photo on a walking track at Cheddar Gorge in England in 2005. I've had it on my desktop for a few weeks and it strikes me as pretty apt given where BB and I are at just now. On Tuesday we'll be heading off for the Comencement Camp for Theological Hall - Our big adventure is finally beginning! We've spent the summer helping out at our local church while our minister has been flat out with a back injury which made for an excellent opportunity to learn about us in ministry. I certainly felt a great deal of "rightness" about the experience which was great.

I'm looking forward to this next stage of the journey with both anticipation and trepidation. I know the process will mean a lot of change - and a deepening of my own spirituality and faith. I wonder how I'll change as I'm "formed" over the next 3 years?
Whatever happens it sure will make for an interesting ride.

Hope you like my image of the gate at Cheddar Gorge - and yes - Cheddar is the place where Cheddar cheese came from originally!
Talk to you soon,
SB

No comments: